A PureWow Original Recipe
Ice cream without an ice-cream maker!
Ricotta-Honey Ice Cream
By Erin McDowell
RICOTTA-HONEY ICE CREAM
MAKES ABOUT 1 QUART
START TO FINISH: 4 HOURS (INCLUDES FREEZING TIME)
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup ricotta cheese
½ cup wildflower honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of cinnamon
1. Pour 1¾ cups heavy cream into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whip attachment.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the remaining ¼ cup heavy cream with the ricotta cheese, honey, vanilla and cinnamon to combine. Whisk vigorously to help thin the texture of the ricotta so it’s less clumpy.
3. Whip the heavy cream on medium speed until it forms medium peaks. (More tips on whipping cream here.)
4. Gently fold the whipped cream into the ricotta mixture, mixing just until fully combined.
5. Pour the mixture into a storage vessel (a casserole dish, cake pan or loaf pan would work) and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze until set, 3 to 4 hours. Soften for 15 minutes before scooping and serving.